The welding and assembly workshops of the plant process light and heavy metal structures of various types, sizes and weights on request. Along with this, parts of different sizes and metal structures are assembled in the mechanical assembly zone.
Welding and Assembly Plant Director is responsible for overseeing Fabrication and Welding, daily inventory of all material, parts and welding supplies that included gases to ensure no down time or delays, maintaining all needed shop supplies, small tools and consumables. Monitor all employees for proper safety practices and PPE. Review time sheets and work schedules and address as needed. Adjust working hours and assign over time as needed. Monitored welders, equipment and paperwork to make sure procedures were being followed. Preformed inspections of fit up and welds. Counseled employees and did follow ups as needed to include verbal and written warnings.
- Ensure that business operations are efficient and effective and that the proper management of resources, distribution of goods and services to customers, and analysis of queue systems is conducted;
- Communicate and stress company’s safety mission statement and culture through all operations and systems so that it infiltrates employee’s actions.
- Perform oversight of manufacturing, maintenance, and operation;
- Manage employees and hands-on operation of the company’s manufacturing functions;
- Ensure manufacturing capabilities meet or exceed all industry and customer requirements for cost, quality and responsiveness;
- Build manufacturing capacity infrastructure and integrate external manufacturing and facilities gained through acquisitions effectively;
- Work on manufacturing plans, goals, and future product innovations;
- Participate in senior-level negotiations with client companies and manufacturing partners;
- Develop and manage budgeting and budget execution with a focus on product costs and margins;
- Direct all production control and production process development partnering with key stakeholders in quality, purchasing and distribution;
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in Welding, Fabrication, Production and at least 8- year Management Experience;
- Experience in materials management, from planning through purchasing;
- Success deploying commercial components into high-volume production with fast time-to-market and cost-sensitivity requirements;
- Experience in developing supply chain strategy and meeting company strategy, performance objectives and customer expectations;
- Excellent financial skills;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Excellent planning and administration skills;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to balance production, development and maintenance needs.
STP LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to the national law requirements, STP LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.